SPECTACULAR Vintage 1931 24 Hours of Le Mans Contender's Package.
Extremely rare and basically museum material!
This is a virtually complete package as you would have gotten for the 1931 24 Heures du Mans or 9th Grand Prix d'Endurance de 24 Heures Coupe Rudge-Whitworth as it was officially called back in 1931.
Not exactly in dream condition but then again, it is over 80 years old and even rarer than the programme booklet for this year.
Although the exact provenance is unknown to us, we found notes, drawings and "greasy thumbprints" throughout this package that hint at some serious attempts to enter a car for this race.
In total, this set consists of the following:
- The 1931 24 Heures du Mans Rules Book of 18 pages with the front cover detached and the rear cover missing. Dated December 1, 1930
- The 1931 24 Heures du Mans Rules Annexe 2 of 4 pages, dated February 28, 1931
- The 1931 24 Heures du Mans Rules Annexe 3 of 4 pages, dated June 5, 1931
- The 1931 24 Heures du Mans Scutineering Form, dated June 11, 1931
- The 1931 24 Heures du Mans Flyer for race days June 13 and 14, 1931. Contains a track map, seating plan for the main grandstands, records and entry list, ticket prices and forthcoming events at the Circuit de Dieppe in the north-west of France
- The 1931 24 Heures du Mans Bareme de Vitesse, the Lap Times sheet with conversion into average speeds in KM/H (for a track length of 16.360 KM) and total number of laps converted into total distance
An incredible package from the very early days of Endurance racing. If you're interested in this item, we don't need to explain to you how rare (have you even ever seen one of these items before?) this set is...
The race was won by Lord Howe and Tim Birkin in their Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 LM with a total of 3017 km to their name.
For the full results of this race, please see 24 Heures du Mans results 1931.
Only 1 set available.
We are inviting serious offers on this set through email@example.com.